Author Topic: Mid Star Firearms  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Kcboats

• Site Supporter
  • "Your disturbing my calm!!"
Mid Star Firearms
« on: August 12, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
New store in Middelton...he is gunsmith, she does front desk.  First impressions were nice little mom and pop shop with decent inventory and she was very pleasant, good natured and willing to chat and show you there inventory.  She admits she is not super knowledgable with gun specifics but willing to help and find the answer to your questions.  And most important, does not leer over your shoulder all the time so you enjoy your experience.  Prices seemed okay but little high.  As to Gunsmithing...not a chance in hell!!!  When you are told that a gun part you already found on line (but trying to spend money locally) is restricted and quotes a price almost triple what Midways list price is, not gonna get my business.  And then to ressemble firearm with new part is gonna cost me a hundered bucks...stunned.  Lesson learned, stick with the honest guys you know (Sawtac, Hawktech, and RK) there is a reason why people like em.
"-I mean I'll kill a man in a fair fight...or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bother's me, or if there's a woman, or I'm gettin paid - mostly when I'm getting paid...but eating people alive?!  Where does that get fun?"

Offline MtGoat

Re: Mid Star Firearms
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »
Where is this at?  There is JKD (or something like that) between Star and Middleton on the North side of Highway 44.  You drive in around behind his house to the shop.  Is that the one? 
I have found that Justin is a knowledgeable gunsmith and in the past has been fair on his prices.

Pat