Author Topic: Found a new gunsmith in Boise  (Read 982 times)

Offline Idaho_Gun_Nut

• Site Supporter
Found a new gunsmith in Boise
« on: March 09, 2008, 03:15:03 PM »
He's tucked away in the SE corner of Cole and Franklin in that little business plaza.

High Tech GunWorks
182 S Cole Rd (Suite 182)
208-323-7674

His business card reads: Master Gunsmith, High Performance Rifle Work and Sound Suppressors

I talked with him for a few minutes, he seemed like a nice guy to deal with.  He quoted me $80 for barrel threading too.
Μολὼν Λαβέ
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

Offline Jeff

• Bert the Turtle
  • Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.
    • Sawtooth Tactical
Re: Found a new gunsmith in Boise
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »
His name is George Vias (I'm pretty sure). He's been there for a long time. You've probably heard of Vias muzzle breaks. Those are his.

Never had him do any work but had considered him.   
Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

Offline AR10ER

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 04:59:39 AM »
His name is George Vias (I'm pretty sure). He's been there for a long time. You've probably heard of Vias muzzle breaks. Those are his.

Never had him do any work but had considered him.   

I know people who have used him, and they say he is very good.
Jesus is my Lord!

Michael N

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »
Quit spreading the word  ;D George does great work and has very fast turnaround times but if you guys go spreading the word that will all come to a screeching halt ... LOL

He built Basic Black here for me and has been doing work for me for about 6 years now .

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 07:52:55 AM by Michael N »

Condor172

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
George has been doing work for me for about 10 years now. He is very good, in fact he's one of the best machinists I've ever seen. His prices are competitive, his turn around is better then most and if he can't do something perfect he won't do it.

Here's the down side, he is super opinionated, grouchy and bitter if you catch him on the wrong day and if you get him on a good day he'll talk your ear off for a few hours. Oh and if he just doesn't feel like doing the work you want he just won't but he will tell you right up front unlike some other gunsmiths I've worked with. If you can deal with this his work is top notch.